We often need volunteers to help organize and work at events, help us with mailings, raise awareness using social media, write blog posts, design event and print materials, etc. If would like to become involved please send an email or use the contact page to send us a message and let us know that you would like to help!
There are many ways you can help us fundraise — these are just a few examples:
- Collection cans at businesses, events, high school sport events, etc.
- Birthday donation: Let everyone know that this year you will be collecting monetary donations for EWF.
- Wedding donation: Ask your guests to make donations to EWF in lieu of gifts.
- Iced-Tea / Lemonade stand
- Bake sale: Emily’s favorite events!
- Dress down day at work/school
- High school seniors: Hold a fundraiser for your senior project. Let us know your ideas and we can help!
- Coin collection: Perfect for elementary schools!
- Donate a percentage of sales: Contact local businesses/restaurants and ask about percentage donations!
- Holiday party: Host a Halloween party and ask guests to bring donations instead of host/hostess gifts!
- Painting party
- Wine and Cheese party
- Yard sale: Get rid of the things you no longer need and accept monetary donations to EWF in exchange!
- Car wash
- Company matching: Ask your employer if they will match your donation to the Emily Whitehead Foundation. Many companies offer matching gift programs that will match, or even double, a donation’s value. Please contact us for additional information on company matching programs.
Have an idea for a fundraiser that’s not listed? Let us know!
Share Your Story
To help in our childhood cancer awareness efforts, we are looking for others to share their story on our blog. If you are a pediatric cancer family or patient and would like to share your story please contact us for details!