Inaugural Emily Whitehead Foundation Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Raises $2,100
On Thanksgiving morning (Nov 24, 2022), we hosted our first ever Emily Whitehead Foundation Turkey Trot at Cold Stream Dam & Recreation Park in Philipsburg, PA.
With 70 participants trotting “over the river and through the woods” with us, we raised a total $2,100! The overwhelming turnout from our local community, and generous support from local businesses, truly exceeded our expectations. All we can say is, THANK YOU!
We look forward to making this event an annual holiday tradition that families in the Philipsburg area can enjoy for years to come.
Congratulations to our top finishers!
- Christa Harper & Chad Muckey
- Ashton Fox & Jackson Coldiron
- Marlee Butterworth & Joshua George
- Thanks to the We Are Inn and Box 125, we were able to provide t-shirts for the first 50 trotters to sign up.
- Thanks to Brown Dog Catering, we were able to provide the first male and first female finishers with a fresh-baked pie.
- Thanks to Lowe's in Clearfield, we were able to provide the second place finishers with a large poinsettia bouquet.
- Thanks to Way Fruit Farm, we were able to provide the third place finishers with a jug of cider.
- Thanks to McClure's American Diner and Brown Dog Catering, we were able to provide every participant with coffee and a slice of pie at the finish line.
- Prizes for our turkey scavenger hunt were provided courtesy Hi-Way Pizza, Brown Dog Catering, Graham's Up in Smoke BBQ, Rowland Theatre, We Are Inn, Tocimak Trees, Philipsburg True Value, Bonnie's Greenhouse, Weis Markets, Hometown Market, and Angel Walk Winery.
- Additional thanks to Ryen Realty and Philipsburg Revitalization Corporation for supporting this year's event, and Two Guys and a Camera for capturing great photographs!
Watch the WTAJ-TV news segment: