The Embassador Awards, presented at the Emily Whitehead Foundation Believe Ball, honor pioneers, change-makers, innovators, and trailblazers in the field of pediatric cancer immunotherapy.
To honor the memory of CAR-T patient advocate Nicole Gularte, the Emily Whitehead Foundation is proud to present the "Nicole Gularte Fight for Cures Embassador Award" — a research grant for young researchers who share Nicole’s fearless determination to fight for cures.
UPDATE: Application deadline EXTENDED to August 5, 2022
Watch the inaugural Nicole Gularte Fight for Cures Embassador Award presentation:
The award recipient will receive a research grant totaling $50,000 — comprised of $25,000 from the Emily Whitehead Foundation and $25,000 generously contributed by Cytiva, a global life sciences leader dedicated to advancing and accelerating therapeutics.
Eligible candidates will be selected by a committee made up of Nicole’s peers, family, and experts in the field of advanced therapies, with consultation from the Emily Whitehead Foundation and the Whitehead family. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2022 award recipient will be announced at the Emily Whitehead Foundation Believe Ball on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be an Early Stage Investigator
- Must be located in the United States
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Alignment with Nicole’s vision to fight for cures
- Scientific quality
- Significance and approach of the proposed project
- Qualifications and experience
- Research environment and resources
- Budget justification
- Likelihood of meeting the goals proposed
- Deadline to Submit: August 5, 2022 (EXTENDED)
- Winner will be notified by: Mid-August
- Believe Ball: September 17, 2022