The Embassador Awards, presented at the Emily Whitehead Foundation Believe Ball, honor pioneers, change-makers, innovators, and trailblazers in the field of pediatric cancer immunotherapy.
To honor the memory of Nicole Gularte and her mantra to “fight for cures”, the Emily Whitehead Foundation is proud to introduce and establish the Nicole Gularte Fight for Cures Embassador Award.
The deadline to submit has passed. Sign up to receive updates about future grant applications.
The award recipient will receive a research grant totaling $50,000 — comprised of $25,000 from the Emily Whitehead Foundation and $25,000 generously contributed by Cytiva, a global life sciences leader dedicated to advancing and accelerating therapeutics.
Eligible candidates will be selected by a committee made up of Nicole’s peers, family, and experts in the field of immunotherapy, with consultation from the Emily Whitehead Foundation.
The award recipient will be announced at the 2021 Emily Whitehead Foundation Believe Ball, taking place as a virtual experience on Thursday, September 16, 2021.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be an Early Stage Investigator
- Must be located in the United States
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Scientific quality
- Significance and approach of the proposed project
- Qualifications and experience
- Research environment and resources
- Budget justification
- Likelihood of meeting the goals proposed
- Alignment with Nicole’s vision to fight for cures
- Deadline to Submit: July 26, 2021
- Winner will be notified by: July 30, 2021
- Filming of award acceptance: Early August
- Believe Ball air date: September 16, 2021