The second annual “Tee Off for T-Cells” charity golf tournament is fast approaching! Although a whole year has passed, it still seems like such a short time ago that we were preparing for and planning our first tournament.
Exceeding our every expectation, last year’s inaugural event raised more than $40,000. Those funds were then put toward our first $100,000 grant, which we presented to Dr. Stephan Grupp at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to help support the clinical trial that saved Emily’s life.
Coupled with positive feedback from the players, last year’s overwhelming success prompted the decision to make “Tee Off for T-Cells” an annual event.
On July 15, 2016 we will once again take to the course at Philipsburg Elks Lodge & Country Club and tee off in support of raising funds for pediatric cancer research. With nearly twice as many teams and more celebrity athletes participating, this year’s tournament is already proving greater than the first.
We are especially excited to welcome back Jon Condo as the tournament host. The Oakland Raiders long snapper is also a Philipsburg native and shares our sentiment for keeping the tournament local as a show of appreciation to the community that has been so incredibly supportive of Emily over the years.
As with last year, “Tee Off for T-Cells” is not an event for just the golfers. The public is invited—and encouraged!—to attend both the simultaneously held silent auction and the post-tournament live auction and social hour. (See details below, including the complete lists of auction items)
While we look forward to sharing a fun day with all in attendance, our goal with holding this charity golf tournament remains in doing what we can to save the lives of children who are in need of receiving T-cell therapy when all other cancer treatments fail.
These are children who have been fighting cancer for years and have been told they were out of options for further treatment. Everyone who supports the golf tournament is helping other children receive the breakthrough T-cell therapy treatment that Emily received. We started the foundation to help save other children’s lives and with all of the support we have had we can say we are definitely making a direct impact. – Kari Whitehead, EWF co-founder
We hope to see you July 15!
LIVE AUCTION & SOCIAL HOUR
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Details: Requires purchase of a ticket.
$20 — Adult
$40 — Family
$15 — Elks Member
Tickets can be purchased on location the day of the tournament or right here.
What to look forward to: Enjoy drinks & hors d’oeuvres at this post-tournament celebration, at which guests have the opportunity to meet celebrity athletes and participate in the live auction, overseen by auctioneer Tammy Miller.
• NIZUC Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
• 5-night stay at The Kenwood Farmhouse in Sonoma Valley, CA [Donated by Jon and Jaclyn Condo] • Weekend getaway, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
• Box seats to a Pittsburgh Pirates game
• NFL Pro Bowl tickets + hotel accommodation in Orlando, FL [Donated by the Oakland Raiders] • (2) World Series tickets [Donated by MasterCard]
• Jon Condo & Matt McGloin, Oakland Raiders
• Nate Stupar, New Orleans Saints
• Lawrence Taylor, New York Giants
• Zak DeOssie, New York Giants
• Kerry McCoy, University of Maryland
*Special guests subject to change
Time: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Details: Free admission and open to the public.
What to look forward to: Spend the day at the Philipsburg Elks Lodge & Country Club and participate in the silent auction, which includes a variety of sports memorabilia. The auction will be open for the duration of the tournament and, to accommodate as many golfers and guests as possible, mobile bidding will be implemented—an exciting change from last year!
• Matt McGloin signed football
• Jon Condo signed game worn jersey
• Jordan Burroughs signed poster
• (2) Matt Adams signed baseball bats
• John Jaso signed baseball bat
• Amari Cooper signed jersey
• Sebastian Janikowski signed jersey
• Derek Carr & Khalil Mack signed ball
• Khalil Mack signed football
• James Franklin signed jersey
• Pittsburgh Steelers signed football (40+ signatures)
• Foursome to play golf at Boalsburg CC
• (2) Magnum bottles of Mauritson Wine, signed by Clay Mauriston
• (2) bottles of Twentyfour by Charles Woodson
• (2) Under Armour camo bags with apparel
• Under Armour gift bag
• Pittsburgh Pirate gift bag